Kitten With Chick

Kitten With Chick
Kitty Cat With Chick

Friday, August 6, 2010

Cat Health Issues - Scratch Wound

Cat Health Issues Page
I noticed about five days ago that my nine year old cat Abby had a little scratch on her head just above her eye an in front of her ear.  It didn't look like much and looked as though it was healing so I let it go with the intention to keep an eye on it.  I remembered that something similar to this happened to her in the past but couldn't remember.  Then a few days later I saw her scratch it and open up the wound and now I was concerned.  I called the vet to explain.  They suggested I put antibacterial creme on it and watch it.  I didn't put the creme on because I figured it would irritate it and cause her to scratch it.  All was good the next day, now today she has reopened the wound again, I will have to take her to the vet for treatment.  When I find out how to treat this and it's severity level I will post, hopefully it will help you if you find this problem with your cat.  I usually become very concerned when anything happens to my cat, especially because I don't understand the severity of it and I don't understand cats, I need to change that and learn more about them. Maybe this issue is very minor but it looks like an open wound to me and that can lead to infection and who knows what else so I will immediately make an appointment for her to see the vet. Of course I have to wait all day due to my 9-5 job, I just hope she doesn't scratch it and make it worse.

1 comment:

  1. I always get very concerned when anything happens to my cat, especially because I don't understand the severity of it. Maybe this issue is very minor but it looks like an open wound to me and that can lead to infection and who knows what else so I will immediately make an appointment for her to see the vet. Of course I have to wait all day due to my 9-5 job, I just hope she doesn't scratch it and make it worse.

    ReplyDelete