Kitten With Chick

Kitten With Chick
Kitty Cat With Chick

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How Is Abby Today - My Cat's Scratch Wound Day 5

Yesterday when I got home from work, I took a look at the wound, it didn't look great.  It started to look as though the wound was changing and the area around it discoloring like a bruise. I tried to take more pictures but they didn't come out too well.  I decided I was going to administer the pills the vet gave me but as I started to do so, I knew I most likely would not be able to pill her, especially not for 12 days!  I was going to crush the pills and add to her food.  I have tried this before and was only partially successful, so, I listened to my gut and didn't do it.

This morning the wound looks a bit better, looks like it's healing so I am just waiting and observing still.  If this wound does not get better and I have to pill her, I will have to seek help.

I Love my cat and will not put her in unnecessary risk, I will have to learn how to pill her before giving her these pills as this medicine cannot be stopped cold turkey, if I start, I have to follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment