Kitten With Chick

Kitten With Chick
Kitty Cat With Chick

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Took My Cat To The Vet and Wasn't A Smooth Trip

Well, I got home from work, got out the cat carrier, put the cat in it and headed out the door.  After only about eight minutes she got sick and through up all over the carrier.  She was so sick, her mouth was open and what looked like mucus was hanging out of it.  She was suffering and there wasn't a thing I could do but keep driving.  The vet is only 15 mins away and this happened!  She had thrown up so much that she didn't have a clean place to lay so her paws got soiled, I felt so bad.  When we arrived I immediately told the person at the front desk what happened and that I needed a place to take her out of the carrier and clean it up, she suggested the men's room, great.  Me and my cat Abby get in the men's room and first thing I see is a big load of shit in the toilet, disgusting, I flushed it.  Then I had to take my already traumatized cat out of the carrier and put her where?  On the dirty men's room floor!  She was still very sick and scared, her mouth open and the mucus or saliva hanging from it.  I wiped her mouth with my hand because I didn't want it to touch the dirty ground and then swallow it.  She went off to the corner petrified.  I then cleaned up the carrier.  While I was cleaning the carrier, dogs were barking just adding to her fear, she then moved to a small area between the wall and the cat carrier I was cleaning looking for safety.  I got the carrier clean and put her back in and took her back to the waiting area, I was pissed.  I complained that I need a room to take her in and a tech took us in a room, then things got a bit better.  The vet looked at the scratch on her head in which I mentioned in yesterdays post and the reason for the trip to the vet.  I will continue with the vets treatment and advice about the scratch in the next post, this post was just to explain what me and my cat went through because most cats do not like to travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment