Kitten With Chick

Kitten With Chick
Kitty Cat With Chick

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Cat Scratch Wound Day 3 (2 Days After Seeing The Vet)

Yesterday the scratch looked pretty good.  No new bleeding and my cat was showing no signs of scratching the wound.  I applied Neosporin to it about three times.  I did notice that she was grooming the area by licking her leg and rubbing the wound, I was a bit worried she would reopen the wound but new her saliva probably has healing characteristics so I just let things go naturally. 

This morning I noticed she had rubbed off the scab and the wound looked bright red again, I am worried.  On the good side, the wound really looks better, the scab is gone and it really doesn't look like it is bleeding.  I have bought the pill crusher and a tasty assortment of canned food just in case I have to administer the pills the vet gave me.

Again, I am holding off on giving her the pills Prednisolone as this is a drug that has to be administered carefully and then stopped slowly and could potentially make things worse. 

Prednisolone, it is a synthetic adrenal corticosteroid used for many purposes, in this case skin conditions.

I'll just keep on keeping a close eye on it and applying the neosporin and hope I don't have to give her the pills

No comments:

Post a Comment