Kitten With Chick

Kitten With Chick
Kitty Cat With Chick

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Diagnosis and Treatment Of Cat Scratch Wound

The vet said the cause could be trauma or some sort of skin allergy, I think it's an obvious skin allergy because you can see black speckles around the wound.  Also, the same type thing happened last time I lived at my parents.  The treatment... Last time I took her into see another vet because he was close to home (my cat does not like to travel).  When I walked in the door the place smelt bad and there as a lot of animal fur all over the place collecting around the perimeter of the floor, etc., not a good sign of a good vet.  Nonetheless, I was there.  The doctor gave her a cortisone shot to stop the itching and an antibiotic shot and it worked.  This time with the new vet, she said she doesn't like to give those cortisone or steroid shots as they stay in the system a long time and can cause diabetes and weaken the immune system, I didn't like either one of those scenarios!  So instead, she gave me pills to give my cat to stop the itch and told me to use neosporin the wound, this should take care of it.  I cannot give pills to my cat so I asked her if I could crush them up and put them in food, she said yes, so i went out and bought a pill crusher from the drugstore for 6 bucks.  I put the neosporen on the wound and have not yet given her the pills, I want to wait to see if it heals with just the neosporin as the pills are a steroid and hard for me to administer.  I keep checking to see if she is scratching it and so far she is not, she is only grooming it and it seems to be healing!

No comments:

Post a Comment